County Schools of Choice
Would you like your child to attend Marysville Schools...
If you are thinking of enrolling your child in a Marysville School, but you don't live within the district borders, below is information on the 2023/2024 Schools of Choice process.
The application period for the second semester of the 2023-24 school year begins on December 1, 2023.
Applications must be returned to St Clair County RESA within the SOC window in order to be considered. The completed application must be received by 3:00 pm on December 15, 2023.
Determination letters will be mailed by St Clair County RESA in December.
Considerations when applying
- If your child is in grade K-12, lives outside of the Marysville Public Schools District, and has already submitted a School of Choice Application that has already been approved, you do not need to complete another School of Choice application provided there has been continuous enrollment at MPS since acceptance and you have not moved in and then back out of the district.
- In the event, that a child (grade K-12) has been accepted through Schools of Choice, but the family moves into the District and then back out, you must complete another School of Choice Application. In the event the window is closed, please reach out to your school for waiver information.
- If your child was accepted on a Waiver during the 1st Semester of the 2023-24 school year, you MUST complete a Schools of Choice application for the 2nd semester of the 2023-24 school year. This is the final step of the approval process.
School of Choice Application
St Clair County RESA will only accept completed applications during the School of Choice window of December 1, 2023, and December 15, 2023, and no later than 3:00 p.m. for your application to be considered.
- Please be sure to complete, print, and sign all pages of your application.
- Make sure all required documentation accompanies our application. (See the checklist on the signature page of the application).
Applications can be returned to Tami Sly at St. Clair County RESA, 499 S Range Rd, Marysville, Mi 48040. Applications can also be faxed to 810-364-7474 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Determination letters will be mailed by St. Clair County RESA in August.
RESOURCES: St. Clair County RESA SOC Webpage
School of Choice Openings for the 2nd semester of the 2023-24 academic year.
Grade Level Availability -
Openings will be posted in accordance with the St Clair County SOC guidelines.
(Grade/Openings) - For the second Semester 2023-24.
Marysville High School
9th - 3
1st - 1
Posted: District posting 11/9/2023